Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by NECHE is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by NECHE should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Eleven programs of study offered by Manchester Community College have been awarded national accreditation:
- Dental Assistant is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association
- Early Childhood Education and the Child Development Center are accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Foodservice Management and Culinary Arts are accredited by the American Culinary Federation Educational Institute Accrediting Commission
- Music Studies is accredited by the National Association for Schools of Music
- Occupational Therapy Assistant is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- Paralegal is approved by the American Bar Association
- Radiation Therapy and Radiography are accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care is accredited by Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Surgical Technology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- American Association of Higher Education (AAHE)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Association of College Unions International (ACUI)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- National Association for Campus Activities (NACA)
- National Council for Marketing and Public Relations
- National Council on Student Development (NCSD)
- Southern New England College and University Personnel Association (SNECUPA)
- several chambers of commerce and several other organizations