Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the New England Association indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the New England Association is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the New England Association should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
209 Burlington Road, Suite 201
Bedford, MA 01730-1433
Seven programs of study offered by Manchester Community College have been awarded national accreditation. The Occupational Therapy Assistant program has been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. The Physical Therapist Assistant program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association. The Respiratory Care and Surgical Technology programs have been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. The Paralegal program has been approved by the American Bar Association. The Foodservice Management and Culinary Arts programs have been accredited by the American Culinary Federation Educational Institute Accrediting Commission.
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- American Association of Higher Education (AAHE)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Association of College Unions International (ACUI)
- National Association for Campus Activities (NACA)
- National Council for Resource Development (NCRD)
- National Council on Student Development (NCSD)
- Southern New England College and University Personnel Association (SNECUPA)
- several chambers of commerce and several other organizations