Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by NECHE is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by NECHE should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Seven programs of study offered by Manchester Community College have been awarded national accreditation.
- The Respiratory Care program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
- The Dental Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- The Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE’s telephone number, c/o AOTA, is 301-652-AOTA and its web address is www.acoteonline.org.
- The Paralegal program has been approved by the American Bar Association.
- The Foodservice Management and Culinary Arts programs have been accredited by the American Culinary Federation Educational Institute Accrediting Commission.
- The Music Studies program is accredited by the National Association for Schools of Music.
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- American Association of Higher Education (AAHE)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Association of College Unions International (ACUI)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- National Association for Campus Activities (NACA)
- National Council for Marketing and Public Relations
- National Council on Student Development (NCSD)
- Southern New England College and University Personnel Association (SNECUPA)
- several chambers of commerce and several other organizations