Spoken Word and Music Series
- 10th season begins Fall 2015
- Featured musicians, poets and writers from New England, New York and beyond
- Fall and Spring events from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Free and open to the public
- Sponsored by the MCC Foundation Annual Fund Campaign
- Hosted by Stephen Campiglio
Please check this webpage in January and February for Spring 2016 Events.
Note: All Mishi-maya-gat events are held at MCC on Main, Manchester Community College’s Arts and Education Center at 903 Main Street, downtown Manchester.
Mishi-maya-gat is the Algonquian term for “Great Trail System,” a network of foot paths created by the indigenous tribes of Connecticut. Within this system of trails, a “Great Path” connected one region with another. The site of the MCC campus is along one of these great paths, which led to the naming of Great Path as the street leading into campus. It is in this spirit of historical and cultural significance that the arts series takes its name.
To join the mailing list and receive a flyer via email, please send your email address to Stephen Campiglio, series coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.