Spoken Word & Music Series
- Featured musicians, poets and writers
- Monthly events during the school year, September through May (with the exception of December) on the 3rd Thursday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Free and open to the public
- Sponsored by the MCC Foundation Annual Fund Campaign
- Hosted by Stephen Campiglio
The 8th Season begins in September 2013!
Note: All Mishi-maya-gat events are now held at MCC on Main, Manchester Community College's new Arts and Education Center at 903 Main Street.
Mishi-maya-gat is the Algonquian term for “Great Trail System,” a network of foot paths created by the native tribes of Connecticut. Within this system of trails, a “Great Path” connected one region with another. The site of the MCC campus is along one of these great paths and, thus, the naming of Great Path as the street leading to campus. It is in this spirit of historical and cultural significance that the arts series takes its name.
Upcoming EventsThursday, May 15
7:00 PM - Featured poets Charles Fort and Sean Thomas Dougherty; www.charlesfortpoet.com
8:00 PM - Classical set with Asylum Quartet; www.asylumquartet.com
More information forthcoming.
If you would like to join the mailing list, please click on the Contact link below and send Stephen Campiglio, series coordinator, your email address to receive a monthly notification of events.
For additional information, contact: Stephen Campiglio