Spoken Word & Music Series
- Featured musicians, poets and writers
- Monthly events during the school year, September through May (with the exception of December) on the 3rd Thursday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Free and open to the public
- Sponsored by the MCC Foundation Annual Fund Campaign
- Hosted by Stephen Campiglio
Beginning its seventh season this fall, Mishi-maya-gat will now be at MCC on Main, Manchester Community College's new Arts and Education Center at 903 Main Street.
Mishi-maya-gat is the Algonquian term for “Great Trail System,” a network of foot paths created by the native tribes of Connecticut. Within this system of trails, a “Great Path” connected one region with another. The site of the MCC campus is along one of these great paths and, thus, the naming of Great Path as the street leading to campus. It is in this spirit of historical and cultural significance that the arts series takes its name.
For additional information, contact: Stephen Campiglio