Spoken Word & Music Series
- Featured musicians, poets and writers
- Monthly events during the school year, September through May (with the exception of December) on the 3rd Thursday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Free and open to the public
- Sponsored by the MCC Foundation Annual Fund Campaign
- Hosted by Stephen Campiglio
The 9th Season begins in September 2014!
Note: All Mishi-maya-gat events are held at MCC on Main, Manchester Community College's new Arts and Education Center at 903 Main Street.
Mishi-maya-gat is the Algonquian term for “Great Trail System,” a network of foot paths created by the native tribes of Connecticut. Within this system of trails, a “Great Path” connected one region with another. The site of the MCC campus is along one of these great paths and, thus, the naming of Great Path as the street leading to campus. It is in this spirit of historical and cultural significance that the arts series takes its name.
Upcoming EventsOCTOBER 16
8:00 PM - A special jazz duo appearance by Relative Pitch Records and Thirsty Ear recording artists, Michael Bisio, acoustic bass, and Mat Maneri, viola/violin. Bisio is also the bassist for the Matthew Shipp Trio - www.matthewshipp.com. Maneri has also recorded with the Hatology and Aum Fidelity labels. For more information on the artists, please visit: www.michaelbisio.com and https://myspace.com/matmaneri.
For additional information, contact: Stephen Campiglio